1. CHAIRPERSON OPENED MEETING AT: 7.30 pm Attendance: Mr D Thalbourne (Chairperson), Mr F DiMella, Mr G Hamilton, Mr J Marafiote, Mr W Moyle, Mr K Pridham, Mr R Seedsman (General Secretary), Mrs C Myers (Assistant Secretary)
2. APOLOGIES: Nil
3. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: Moved/Seconded/Carried
4. BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETING:
5. TREASURER’S REPORT:
The Treasurer presented his Report for the period 1st December 2006 through to the 31st August 2007.
The Report indicates a Profit has been recorded for the period, and
that Freight Costs for the Seasons’ remaining Races may impact on that
Profit. This will be solely dependent on Bird Numbers achieved for
the remaining Races on the Program.
6. CORRESPONDENCE IN:
1. Convoyer’s Reports – Mitiamo 1, Lyndhurst Open, Moulamein & Marla.
2. Letter from the Strathalbyn Group – requesting guidance from the Management Committee in relation to Race & Clock By-Law Rule – R.B.L. 23. Hampering Clock By-Law Rule – C.B.L. 8. The Strathalbyn Group feel that being represented by two (2) or more Clubs should suffice to cover the above rules. Action: The Committee are sympathetic to the Strathalbyn Groups’ situation, but the requirements of the R.B.L. 23 and C.B.L. 8 must be upheld. The recommendation would be for the three (3) Clubs – Adelaide Hills, Alexandra & Strathalbyn – establish a Hampering & Clock Reading Centre together – alternately Hampering & Clock Reading to be carried out at S.A.H.P.A. Inc. Headquarters.
3. Email from the Southern Vales Club – endorsing the N/W & N/E
Lines of Flight for 2008, but request the Management Committee consider
flying the ten (10) Club Races from a North/North West direction, and then
moving to Little Topar etc. on the North East Line. Action:
The Southern Vale’s Clubs request will be considered when formulating the
2008 Race Program.
4. Email from Mr G Harris – re: Lines of Flight Ruling.
Mr G Harris requests that the Management Committee uphold the Lines of Flight Ruling for the 2008 Season that was ratified by Members at the “Lines of Flight Special Meeting” held on the 29th August 2007. Action: The Management Committee will be upholding the resolution passed at the “Lines of Flight Special Meeting” on the 29th August 2007. (Lines of Flight for the 2008 Season – shall be Nth/West & Nth/East).
“Notice of Motions” submitted by any Club attempting to alter the above resolution at the 2008 A.G.M. – will not be accepted
7. CORRESPONDENCE OUT:
1. Email to the Adelaide Hills Club – advising of the Management Committees’ decision that the six (6) competing Member Rule (Hampering & Clock Reading) must be upheld.
2. Letter to Mr C Moukas – advising him that he has no jurisdiction over any Race conducted under the auspices of the S.A.H.P.A. Inc.
3. Letter to Mr G Lobb (Torrens Valley Combine) – advising that his request for the placings gained by a Member in the Lyndhurst Y.B.C. be made null & void has been rejected. (Copy sent to Mr R Smart).
4. Letter of Appreciation to Transceiver Services Pty Ltd – Thanking them for the loan of a Satellite Phone that was used in the Associations’ Race from The Twins.
5. Letter of Appreciation to Mr G Watson – Thanking him for his services acquiring the loan of the Satellite Phone.
Moved/Carried – Correspondence In & Out Confirmed.
8. MATTERS HELD OVER:
1. WALL OF FAME CRITERIA:
Mr G Hamilton submitted a list of points for consideration. The criteria regarding the Wall of Fame will be held over for discussion at a future Management Committee Meeting.
9. GENERAL BUSINESS:
1. PRESENTATION EVENING:
17th NOVEMBER 2007 – 6.30 PM
$30.00 Per Head
Please Contact Mrs Cheryl Myers – 8266 4441 0r 0448 883521 to Book.
2. S.A.H.P.A. INC. ELECTORATES: (Delegates Meeting)
THE HILLS ELECTORATE:
Tuesday 2nd October - 7.30 pm - S.A.H.P.A. H/Qtrs
THE EASTERN ELECTORATE:
Monday 8th October - 7.30 pm - S.A.H.P.A. H/Qtrs
THE NORTHERN ELECTORATE:
Monday 8th October - 7.30 pm - PARA Clubrooms
THE SOUTHERN ELECTORATE:
Monday 8th October - 7.30 pm - STHN FED Hall
THE WESTERN ELECTORATE:
Mr K Pridham to contact Members of the Western Electorate to finalize
3. S.A.H.P.A. INC. BIRD OF THE YEAR:
Nominations for S.A.H.P.A. Inc. Bird of the Year must be lodged with
the General Secretary – stipulating the Bird Number/Colour and Positions
gained in S.A.H.P.A. Inc. Races, as soon as possible after completion of
the last Race.
4. ROYAL ADELAIDE SHOW:
The Management Committee would like to Thank Mr B Mahomet and Members who assisted with the running of the S.A.H.P.A. Inc. Exhibition Stand at this year’s Royal Show.
5. RING ORDERS:
Please Note – All Ring Orders from now on are to be lodged with the S.A.H.P.A. Inc. Ring Secretary – Telephone 8252 9377 – together with correct Money/Cheque.
No Rings will be despatched until full Payment has been received.
6. DRUG TESTING:
Providing a Result has been achieved on Saturday 29th September, the
Winner of Coober Pedy will be Drug Tested on Sunday 30th September.
10. MEETING CLOSED: 9.35 pm.
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Monday – 15th October 2007 – 7.30