SOUTH AUSTRALIAN HOMING PIGEON ASSOC. INC.

Incorporated Since 1929

Agents for Belgium Alum Rings

Race Rubbers, Clock Tapes, Ribbons and all Pigeon Requisites

10 Baulderstone Road Gepps Cross. S.A. 5094 Ph/Fax- 8262.3856 8266 4551

ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO: GENERAL SECRETARY

10 Baulderstone Road, Gepps Cross. SA 5094

gensec@picknowl.com.au /cherylmyers@bigpond.com.au

 

 

1. Chairperson opened meeting at: 7.30pm Attendance:

Mr B Seedsman(Vice Chairperson), Mr W.Moyle ,Mr K.Pridham, Mr D.Walker, Mr G Watson, Mrs C.Myers ,General Secretary, Mr D.Cawte Treasurer.

 

2. Apologies: G.Hamilton ,D Thalbourne.

 

3. Minutes of previous Meeting:

Moved/Seconded/Carried

 

 

4. BUSINESS ARISING FROM MINUTES.

  Electronic pads distance between pads- Discussions around the decision to allow 25 metres between landing boards and having more than one electronic pad the management committee voted to revert back to original rule which is 2 metres until more information can be sourced.

Action: Seek more information on this rule.

Moved/Seconded/Carried.

 

  Sponsorship of unit from Paul Aneric Action: Graham Watson to follow up.

 

  Three Cages to be made and hired for capture of feral pigeons ,Mrs R.Kearns to be responsible for the hiring of the cages. G.Watson to organise making of cages

Moved/Seconded/Carried.

5. TREASURERS MONTHLY REPORT.

The Treasurer presented his report for the period December 2007 to April 2008.

 

 

 

6. CORRESPONDENCE IN.

 

  EMAIL HYDE PARK- Refund for capitation fee refund for Jack Aldritt not flying this year. Action: Refund of capitation approved.

 

 

  EMAIL FROM G.HARRIS- GPS reading from flyers down south.

Action: Cheryl to file

 

  EASTERN EQUITY INSURANCE- Policy for Directors & Officers Liability Insurance Action: Cheryl to file.

   

  FAX FROM STRATHALBYN PIGEON CLUB- Refund for capitation fee for Merv Hatch ,he has been forced to retire from the sport due to ongoing health problems: Action: Refund of capitation fee approved

 

 

  LETTER FROM PARA PIGEON CLUB- Refund of capitation fees for Peter Antoney due to his recent passing away. Action: Refund of capitation approved

 

  EMAIL FROM BAROSSA PIGEON CLUB- Approval to conduct a club sires event in conjunction with Little Topar Action: Approved

 

 

  VACCINATION FORMS FROM VARIOUS CLUBS-

 

 

CLUBS ARE REMINDED THAT VACCINATION FORMS SHOULD HAVE BEEN FORWARDED TO THE GENERAL SECRETARY BY THE 30TH APRIL.

Individual members, whose birds have not been verified as being vaccinated

on the clubs vaccination form by the 30th April, will be required to apply in writing along with proof of verification seeking the management committees approval before their birds will be accepted on the SAHPA transporter.

 

 

  LETTER FROM LOWER MURRAY PIGEON CLUB: Forming a new affiliate to transport with the S.A.H.P.A.

  S.A.H.P.A. to donate $50.00 trophy to Southern Country Combine to put on a suitable race.

 

 

7.   CORRESPONDENCE OUT.

 

  LETTER TO MR IAN YEING- Tender for cartage of birds for the season 2008 has been accepted.

 

  LETTER TO PORT ADELAIDE PIGEON CLUB- RE: The possibility of erecting facilities at the SAHPA for hampering/clocking centres.

 

 

  LETTER TO MR P.ANERIC- Thanking him for his interest in promoting the sport and to contact Mr G Watson.

 

  LETTERS TO - Mr R Somerville, Mr G Hamilton and Mr J Hofman their applications for the release panel have been accepted.

 

 

  LETTER TO MRS M.COLERIA - Application for headquarters cleaner has been accepted.

   

  LETTER TO ROD BILLINGS- Application for convoyer for the season 2008 has been accepted.

 

  LETTER TO MR F.DI MELLA- Thanking him for his efforts on the release panel.

 

 

  LETTER TO MR J.MARAFIOTE- Thanking him for his efforts on the release panel.

 

 

  LETTER TO WARNAMBOOL PIGEON CLUB- Thanking them for their trophy donation of $100, to be put on the Little Topar derby.

 

 

  LETTER TO THE GLENELG PIGEON CLUB- Regarding the 10 bird races ,they will now be on the main unit with young bird races to be released 30 min to 1 hour after the derby bird

 

8.GENERAL BUSINESS

 

GROUP MAKE- UP FOR 2008 SEASON.

All Club Secretaries are required to advise the General Secretary by Friday 14th June of the group in which they will be flying Association Racing for the season 2008.

 

This information is required so that the Management Committee can issue a list of hampering centres and clock reading centres.

 

COLLECTION OF STATISTICS FOR THE SEASON 2008 RACING PIGEON RETURNS;

Bird returns to be filled out and sent to the General Secretary on hampering night.

Moved/Seconded/Carried.

 

 

UNIT LOADING ROSTER 2008 SEASON ;

Clubs with 1 15 Hampers Send 1 Driver & 2 Loaders

Clubs with 16 or more Hampers Send 1 Driver & 3 Loaders.

 

 

  *PLEASE NOTE *

 

When your club arrives at headquarters 1 loader is to immediately take the paperwork to the office window for payment. Once receipt of payment has been accepted your loading slip will be stamped paid. The driver is to stay with the vehicle,the other loader/s are to keep an eye on the progress of the queue and where applicable 1 or 2 loaders are to get up on to the loading at the following time:

 

  To help put Hampers away for-The vehicle/unit in front of your club, stay for your club and the 2 vehicles/units following.

 

 

  The more support clubs give to the loading procedure,the quicker the birds will be loaded-enabling the birds and loaders to depart headquarters a lot earlier .

 

  LIFE RING TRANSFERS- $1.00 PER CARD:

 

    • Please advise members that all transfers are to be forwarded to the Ring Secretary- By the first race night Friday 23rd May 2008.

 

    • 5. COLOURED LABELS FOR HAMPERS:

 

o   Large Unit Labels

 

o   Red Cocks

o   Blue Hens

o   Sires Produce

o   White Cocks

o   Orange Hens

o   Special Races

o   Yellow Cocks

o   Green Hens

 

THE ABOVE COLOURED LABELS ARE THE ONLY ONES TO BE ACCEPTED ON THE LOADING DOCK! COLOURED ARE AVAILABLE ON HAMPERING NIGHTS.

 

 

 

RELEASE DETAILS-INFORMATION LINE:

 

For recorded race & release information please ring 8262 3857 this service will enable up to 12 callers at the same time.

 

A brief message will be heard detailing release & weather details at the end of the message, you will hear this is the end of the message please hang up now

On hearing this message please hang up immediately to allow other members access.

 

Do not hang on to leave a return message

 

Similar details will be on the S.A.H.P.A. website sahpa.asn.au.

If there is a possibility of bad weather then all club secretaries are to monitor the situation on the info line 8262 3857

 

7. DISPOSAL OF THE STRAW FROM THE UNIT. - We are looking for anyone to remove the straw, all you need is a trailer down at the S.A.H.P.A. when the unit is being cleaned on Mondays or Tuesdays.

Anybody who would like the straw for their garden please inform the GENERAL SECRETARY on 8266 4551.

 

 

 

8. COMPUTER UPGRADE FOR THE OFFICE :

Approval to purchase new equipment for use in the office.

Moved/Seconded/Carried

 

 

9.VALUATION FOR THE S.A.H.P.A. HEADQUARTERS :

Have a valuation done and be ready by December for the A.G.M. Treasurer report.

 

 

 

10.VIN BLANDEN MEMORIAL RACE.

The VIN BLADEN will be held from Coober Pedy -27TH September- $5.00 a bird one bird nomination-SAHPA trophy.

VB to be placed alongside nominated bird on nomination sheet.

 

11.JNR RACES.

Glendambo YBC The Twins

Little Topar SAD Emmdale

Glendambo Cobar

 

12.PIGEON COLOURS.

 

Mr D Walker raised the issue of pigeon colours to identify pigeons The management committee moved that ring numbers identify pigeons not the colour.

 

Moved/Seconded/Carried.

 

13. SHORT DISTANCE COMMITTEE.

Short distance rules have been sent to all secretaries

SAHPA to pay for certificates Mr D Walker to organise the printing of certificates

Moved/Seconded/Carried.

 

PIGEON PRODUCTS.

 

Mr G Watson suggestion for the SAHPA to sell pigeon products directly from the SAHPA hall.

 

15. SAUSAGE SIZZLE.

 

G Watson suggest we have one Saturday night clocking night down at the SAHPA hall as a social night with a sausage sizzle provided,the management have tried this idea before if any clubs interested in doing this again notify the General Secretary.

 

LETTERING ON TRAINING UNITS.

 

The SAHPA would like to encourage people to have lettering put on training units to advertise our sport anyone interested can contact Wayne Griffith.

 

MINUTES PROMOTIONS COMMITTEE.

 

ANZAC DAY.

 

All members of the SAHPA would like to thank the people who where responsible for releasing pigeons at the Anzac march JOHN HARPER,GRAHAM WATSON,AND RAY SMART, thank you for your time and effort .

 

9.MATTERS HELD OVER.

 

SHED FOR HAMPERING.

 

Quote for shed for use for hampering on the SAHPA property.

 

REVIEW OF THE CODE OF PRACTICE.

 

David Walker to carry out review of the code of practice.

 

 

11.MEETING CLOSED: 10.20pm.

 

 

12 DATE OF NEXT MEETING 16th June 2008.